A return receipt act as a proof or evidence of delivery. Request for return receipt service at the time of mailing and you will receive a return receipt in the form of a postcard signed by the recipient or an e-mail with an electronic copy of the recipient’s signature, once the mail item is delivered.
Return Receipt is available for various mail classes such as Priority Mail Express, Priority Mail, First Class Mail, First Class Package Service, and Media Mail.
If you want assurance that a package is received by the correct person then request for Return Receipt service at the time of mailing. Also, note that there are two way of getting a return receipt,
- Physical Return Receipt (By Mail): You will receive return receipt by mail with an original signature of the recipient.
- Electronic Receipt: You will receive a return receipt electronically with a copy of the recipient’s signature.
PS Form 3811 is the return receipt form which is needed to be complete in order to request for Return Receipt.
In order to receive the return receipt electronically, you need to do the following;
- Complete both the sides of the return receipt and affix it to the mailpiece.
- Write “Return Receipt Requested” above the delivery address to the right of the return address.
- Pay the applicable extra charges
USPS Return Receipt Cost
Here are the rates:
|Return Receipt by Mail (PS Form 3811)||$2.75|
|Return Receipt by E-mail (Electronic)||$1.45|
The cost of Return Receipt by Mail is $2.75 and by e-mail is $1.45.
It means you have to pay $2.75 if you want to receive a physical receipt and $1.45 if you want to receive an electronic receipt.
USPS Certified Mail Return Receipt Cost
Certified Mail with Electronic Delivery Confirmation will cost $4.72
Certified Mail with Return Receipt Requested (Signature) costs $6.22
Certified Mail with Return Receipt Signature with RESTRICTED DELIVERY will cost $11.32
Note: Return Receipt Requested service can only be purchased at the time of mailing.